M - W 3p-10p . Th 3p-10p . F - S 12p-12a . Sun 12p - 10p
Flytrap Brewing is a brewery and taproom located in downtown Wilmington, NC currently seeking bartenders to join our team. This is a part-time position for a hard-working, customer focused person who will serve drinks and maintain cleanliness in our fun, neighborhood taproom. This part-time position may include nights, weekends, holidays, and special events.Pay will be hourly, plus tips.
Qualified Individuals Will:
- Be at least 21 years old.
- Be interested in and passionate about craft beer.
- Have a friendly, outgoing disposition with a focus on customer service.
- Have the ability to multi-task and prioritize responsibilities in a fast-paced environment.
- Be thorough, diligent, and clean with great attention to detail.
- Have the ability to: stand for long periods; repeatedly stoop, crouch, kneel, crawl, climb ladders; maneuver kegs weighing up to 165 pounds; lift and carry heavy tubs of glassware; and work in hot and cold environments.
- Must be available to work weekends, holidays and special events.
- Must be honest, work well with others, and help to foster a positive environment.
- Must be able to lift up to 55 pounds and push or pull up to 165 pounds.
- Previous experience in a bar setting preferred.
- Check customers’ identification and confirm it meets legal drinking age.
- Stay customer focused and nurture an excellent customer experience.
- Welcome and check on customers personally in a timely manner.
- Present beer selections, specials, and new releases.
- Assess customers' needs and preferences.
- Educate customers on beer styles, beer history, and beer flavors.
- Make recommendations and answer questions regarding the beer selection.
- Continue to enhance your craft beer knowledge!
- Record all sales. Accept guest payment, process credit card charges and cash transactions, make change (if applicable).
- Maintain a working knowledge of the draft system and changing kegs.
- Comply with all food and beverage regulations.
- Wash and sterilize glassware.
- Maintain bottles and glasses in an attractive and functional manner to support efficient drink preparation and promotion of beverages.
- Restock and replenish bar inventory and supplies as needed.
- Clear and reset tables and chairs in the taproom.
- Maintain cleanliness in all areas of the bar including counters, sinks, shelves and storage areas.
- Check on bathroom regularly - clean and restock when necessary.
- Complete opening and closing duties.
- Other duties as assigned.
For consideration, please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.