Full-Time Assistant Brewer Wanted
Flytrap Brewing is growing and looking for highly qualified individuals who want to grow with our brewery. We are currently seeking a motivated, passionate, and energetic person to assist with all areas of beer production with specific focus on wort production. You will be hands on with every element from grain to glass. This is a full-time (40+ hours/wk) position with varied hours throughout the week and the potential for some evening hours, weekend hours, and overtime. Pay will be hourly and based on experience.
Qualified Individuals Will:
- Have knowledge of and experience with the brewing process and the production of beer.
- Have and demonstrate experience and comfort with craft beer and beer styles.
- Be a fast learner with the ability to retain information and details.
- Have knowledge of draft equipment and maintenance.
- Have a creative mind and bring energy to brewers meetings in which we develop beer concepts, work on recipe formulation, and refine our processes.
- Be thorough, diligent, and clean with excessive attention to detail.
- Be able to lift up to 55 pounds regularly and work in cramped, tight spaces.
- Be at least 21 years of age, honest, work well with others, and help to foster a positive environment with a team mentality.
- Regular cleaning and servicing of draft lines and draft equipment.
- Stocking inventory while maintaining cleanliness and organization.
- Performing regular maintenance on equipment in the taproom and brewery.
- Assisting brew team with various activities to facilitate beer production and brewery cleanliness with specific focus on wort production.
- Working with chemicals, pumps, contents under pressure, and other various hazards in a safe and professional manner while following standard operating procedures and product specifications.
- Conducting quality control and quality assurance activities to ensure product quality and consistency.
- Continually learning about craft beer, the industry, and brewing practices.
- Continually developing your palate.
- Other duties as assigned.
For consideration, please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com